Christmas is a very busy time of year. With it comes a (seemingly) never-ending assortment of festive events. But where is the line between looking professional, and dressing to impress? Or between comfort and style?
Focus on spending some quality time with family, friends and co-workers.
We’ve got some appropriate style inspo to suit events ranging from the casual family barbecue, to a cocktail work event.
The cocktail/ Drinks Work Do
Keep it simple with a classic little black dress, and shimmering accessories. To personalise this look, why not add a custom designed piece of jewellery to the mix? Not only is it a great gift idea for the woman in your life, but every piece of custom jewellery has a unique story and meaning.
- 1.Example of a custom designed piece by Ka’llure. Prices varies per piece.
- 2. Francesca Signiture Cuff in silver $169.00
- 3. Ballettonet Sofia Stiletto Pump in Beige $380.00
- 4. BEC & BRIDGE Bridgette Mini Dress $199.00
For a festive pop of colour that doesn’t scream ‘ugly Christmas sweater,’ try adding a Red Christian Louboutin feel with our sole paint pots. Available in various fun colours here.
The Sit-Down dinner
Pair a dark velvety blouse and long skirt for a pulled-together look. Roll the sleeves to just below the elbow for a casual-yet-flattering touch. Since you will be sitting down most of the night, you can get away with a cute pair of heels! We love Greta Lace Pump in black, with premium Italian leather and bow detail. (Not to mention these heels are an awesome investment piece and will work with everything from your favourite pair of jeans to your office looks).
- 1.Witchery Layer Cuff Shirt in Black $99.95
- 2.Swarovski ginger bangle, white, rose gold plating $129.00
- 3.Ballettonet Greta Lace Pump Black Patent $360.00
- 4.Self-portrait asymmetric ruffled cotton-canvas skirt $400
The relaxed family get together
An Australian Christmas equals hot weather. This look will suit a family barbecue, or a seafood lunch with friends. Floaty yet elegant, a maxi dress or wrap dress will create a feminine silhouette whilst being comfortable! (Meaning you can keep up with some classic backyard cricket action). Pair with a wedge to dress up the look, or espadrilles to keep up with kids. We recommend the Love Shop Share Lace Espadrille. This summer favourite features leather trimmed, black lace mesh upper with gold eyelet-studded leather straps and a stitched cushioned leather insole for added comfort.
- 1.Gucci sunglasses $304.00
- 2.Tiffany & Co Mini Double Heart Tag Pendant $205.00
- 3. Ballettonet Love Shop Share Lace Espadrille $110.00
- 4. Martin Grant Resort 2019 collection Dress $1615.00
That sums up our Christmas outfit ideas.
If in doubt, be true to yourself. If your normal wardrobe is very minimalist and comfortable, now is probably not the time to don a floor length sequin gold dress. A good rule of thumb is to wear something like what you would wear for a first date.
Wishing you a very stylish Christmas this year!