Our latest partnership with the style maven of Friend in Fashion Jasmin Howell has been a joy to work on. It was exciting to witness the designs evolve last year, from her first sketches to the final collection launched a few months ago. Here we chat to Jasmin about her design journey and how she'd style her statement shoes with a Spring/Summer wardrobe.
1. The collection is inspired by your travels around the world, where is your favourite destination?
I have SOOOO many travel favourites - I'm a city girl at heart, so Paris, NYC and Tokyo are all special to me - when it comes to summer escapes - Greek & Croatian Islands, Côte d'Azur, and Rio are all at the top of my list! Oops - I almost forgot the magical Maldives (I you not, absolute heaven on Earth).
2. How do you stay fashionable when you’re travelling?
It’s all about key accessories. A pair of statement shoes (mine are perfect!), and oversized pair of shades, designer handbag and spritz of your favourite fragrance, will add the perfect finishing touches to any outfit, keeping you looking chic!
3. How did you find the creative process of collaborating with Ballettonet and seeing your inspiration come to life?
It's been such a thrill working through the design process from start to finish, and really seeing my designs come to life. I've worked hard to design a staple collection of shoes that will easily take you from roaming the streets of Paris, to Island hoping through the isles of Capri. Style, practicality and comfort have all played a part in the design process, and I've loved every part of creating an iconic range of shoes.
4. The collection is made up of on-trend pastel slides, Chelsea boots and embroidered loafers, do you see flats displacing heels as the ‘it girl’ shoe of the season?
100%! Spring summer, it's all about on-trend flats. They instantly add an effortless model-off-duty edge to any outfit, not to mention, comfort levels are through the roof.
5. What is your favourite piece and how would you style your shoe designs this season?
I love all of the styles, but if I was forced to pick just one favourite - it would have to be the high shine Chelsea boot. The essential 'all-rounder', this spring summer, I'll be styling with my favourite Zimmermann broiderie sundress, Chanel boy bag & Dior shades.
I wanted to design a collection that really is versatile. Shoes that can be interchanged with any outfit. I love to wear the flats worn with skinny jeans, a tee and a leather jacket. The slides are perfect with floaty dresses, and the boats – well anything!
Ballettonet Team x